Join Our Team
StreetChange is seeking a passionate, wicked smart, and creative addition to our team interested in building a major role in a new social policy venture. This person will be an integral part of our operation, working on big picture thinking and day to day operations to develop a program that changes the way we provide assistance to people experiencing homelessness. We need someone who is ready to dive in with hands-on experience and a fresh approach, and think this is an ideal opportunity for a Masters-level or exceptional undergraduate student looking to connect their work to policy and practice in a supportive, start-up environment. StreetChange is based in Philadelphia, PA.
This position provides an opportunity to work on developing a program with the potential to change outreach to individuals experiencing homelessness in Philadelphia and beyond. We are building a strong infrastructure in Philly and are speaking with potential partners around the country, and need your help to take full advantage of this opportunity. The Program Associate will be an integral part of a very small team that is responsible for StreetChange’s development and administration. The successful applicant will:
1) Work as part of the StreetChange team to build a robust long-term business plan that will lead to a sustainable, impactful program
2) Coordinate with our social service provider, the Mental Health Association of Southeastern PA, and clients on client enrollment and the fulfillment of items that have been donated through the app.
3) Work with our app developer to ensure app functionality and enhancements in response to new needs
4) Work closely with community and city partners and build relationships with new stakeholders
· Bachelor’s degree, preferably someone with a Masters degree or enrolled in a Masters program in social work, social policy, public administration, public health, or a related field
· Experience managing client and partner relationships
· Experience with web development and analytics preferred
· Superb attention to detail
· You’re a do-er. You’re eager to climb up the learning ladder and implement your learnings quickly.
· You’re not afraid to fail. You take calculated risks and understand the importance of being agile.
· Empathetic – you understand the motivations and feelings of those around you and respond appropriately
· Believe in the mission of StreetChange
The successful applicant will receive a stipend for their work commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications.
Send a concise cover letter and resume to Dan Treglia at email@example.com. More information can be found at www.streetchangephilly.org.